Thursday, August 20, 2009

Changes...



I guess I've never really blogged this so some of you visitors might have wonders about the extra blondies at our house this summer. In April we had the opportunity to have our four year old niece Kaelsy come to live with us. Her sister Lexie (7) followed a month later. So our house was booming with changes going from one kid...to two...to four...all in a six month period. It definately has not been without it's challenges and I have realized what so many mothers are talking about when they relay how BUSY they are and how HARD it is to raise kids. I was pretty nieve in my one child bliss. I remember complaining before I had Pacer about how hard Brooklyn was. Now I laught at myself! Anyway, I've learned a few things about myself over the last few months. Some things I wish weren't true and some things I'm happy to know I'm capable of handling. What a special opportunity it has been to love these little girls and do my best to show them how much I LOVE them. We found out last Monday they'd be moving back with their Dad. I've cried a little...happies and sads. I'm going to miss them, and I'm glad to see their family together again. They are such special little girls!

2 comments:

*Katie May* said...

amen!

Jones Family said...

That's really neat that you guys were willing to help them out. I'm impressed:-)