Friday, September 21, 2007

September

So Josh was telling me this morning it was time to update the blog. I couldn't really think of much to update about, but I decided maybe it was time for just a general life update. So here goes. Starting with Josh. He is keeping very busy. He has been going into work extra early (4:30 ugh!) and working some overtime here and there. It has been a lot of work but rewarding. As far as he reports to me...work is going well. He also has started doubling up on classes. Which means rather than being a full-time student, he is a full-time student double time. This is the first round of classes like this so we will see how it goes. It is a lot of work but so worth it! It will help him finish his bachelors by June. Once that is out of the way he can start looking for new jobs and we can start thinking about getting out of the valley. Yay!!

Brooklyn is getting bigger and bigger everyday. Maybe not so much physically...she still only weighs about 15 pounds. But she is growing up. She chatters a lot more and is a little explorer. She loves to empty out cupboards and is fascinated by looking underneath our pantry closet door. She wants so badly to play in there! So she just peaks under the one inch crack under the door and reaches to touch things. It's cute. For the most part she is just happy and healthy. I just laugh with her every day.


Things are pretty easy going for me. I try to keep myself busy most the time with something or other. I'm almost finished with Brooklyn's quilt, which is the last piece of my sewing project. I made curtains and a bed skirt...oh and I'm almost done with a sheet for her bed too. Forgot about that one. I'm also up to 13 piano students. Once Tori and Lexie start I'll have 15. It has been a lot of fun teaching and sometimes a challenge. My students so far are great though. Some of them are learning so fast it amazes me. It has been a good way for me to fill my day and bring in some extra money at the same time. I am also having fun making decorations and getting ready for Fall. Fall is my favorite season! Just reminds me of fresh vegetables, football games, and sweaters (I love to wear comfy sweaters!). Anyway so tomorrow is the first official day of Fall. So I won't have to feel weird anymore about having my fall decorations up already. Once school starts I'm just ready to break out the scarecrows! I know I'm a dork.

I guess that's all the updates for now. Life is pretty good!

7 comments:

*Katie May* said...

Good update

Sariah,Chief Editor said...

Hey, Katie was telling me about how much you lloved fall and how you were decorating. Between that and her great fall templates I ended up pulling all mine out about a week ago too! Love it! Beat you on the scarecrow!! :) Go Joshey!! You can do it, like you said it will be worth it!

Lydia said...

I bet Josh gets tired. Keep going strong cuz it will be worth it. Come by sometime.

Aleia said...

Funny that Josh wanted to "update" the blog:) Ronnie reads it too(with me) and has even requested things for me to post.hehe

Shannon said...

I didn't know you were teaching piano lessons. That is great. Sounds like you guys are keeping busy. Tell Josh good job on school and to keep at it. It is challenging at times, but well worth it.

Matt and Liz said...

Josh, I just wanted to say thank you again for all of your help this last week helping us move into the house. Thanks Meagan for being patient with Josh being gone so much! You guys are great friends, and we appreciate you guys very much! And bring Brooklyn by soon, we love to see her!

Connie said...

Keep up the good work Josh. You'll be the first in the family to get a college education. The immediate Homer and Connie family.