Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Updates!




So it's time for another little update. We have had a fun past few days. Last Thursday we packed up and headed up the mountain to celebrate Labor Day. On Friday night we went to the big RV VS. SJ Football game. It was a lot of fun and brought back good ole high school memories. Round Valley smoked SJ big time. It was like 38 to 0. It was fun to watch though! Even if my team lost. Josh was sure happy! That night we went to our camp up by Greens Peak for the Longhurst Reunion (Josh's mom's family for those of you who don't know). We spent the weekend relaxing in the mountains. The weather was perfect! We got a few sprinkles. Just enough to keep it cooled off and not too dusty. We had one little adventure. One night Josh heard a "bear" outside our tent. So we were a little freaked out for a couple of hours. We could hear it breathing, breaking branches, and getting into the trash. Of course I had a huge jug of honey right outside our tent door so I about had a heart attack. Anyway it turned out to just be a cow. It was scary for a while there, and then just funny in the morning once we realized what it was. Brooklyn had fun being up there. She loved to ride on the little four-wheelers her cousins brought. I'm going to have to get her one, or a little bike or something. She loves them. I think Brody liked them too. Looks like he thought it was pretty funny to crash into her...haha. I also got to celebrate my 22 birthday up in the mountains. It is nice to have it around Labor Day. I usually get a good four day weekend to help me celebrate. Thanks to everyone for all the birthday wishes! I had a great birthday. It was a good weekend.

5 comments:

the michael family said...

Ronnie and I are sitting here laughing too hard about your bear story! It was fun seeing you guys last weekend. Hope you had a Happy Birthday!

Mark, Monette, Coytt and Dalon said...

Too Cute! Are you sure she wasn't crashing into Brody? :)

*Katie May* said...

That's great about the bear! Happy B-day! I tried to call friday because I knew I wouldn't be able to call on Sunday. Anyway sorry.

Lydia said...

WE had a fun time too...I'm glad that bear didn't get you! Brody did have a fun time!

Sariah,Chief Editor said...

Go Elks!! hahaha! I am gla ou had such a great weekend! Cute pics. I would have been freaking out thinking there was a bear outside my tent!! That is too funny that it was only a cow! Happy late b-day! :)