Wednesday, January 03, 2007

What do to...

I think I'm having a little bit of that post holiday depression. The season seems to be over right when I'm starting to really get in the holiday spirit. We spent New Year's Eve at James' and Nicole's house. We ate a lot of good food and played games most the night. It was really fun. I'm suprised I stayed awake that long! Little Brooklyn is wearing me out. Now that all the fun is gone I'm really bored here at home. But busy at the same time...

Brooklyn is now two months old. So yesterday she had her check-up. She weighed a whopping 9 lbs 2 oz. The doctor says she has been staying around the 10th - 20th percentile since birth. Her length is a little higher in the 35th. She is still wearing most of her newborn clothes. At least the ones she isn't too long for. Overall he said she looked good. The jaundice is all gone and she seems to be happy. After the good news the doctor left and the nurse came in to give the shots. She got three all together and I haven't gotten a thing done since. I can't keep her happy with one thing for more than half an hour. She'll only eat for ten minutes at a time, then she screams. She'll play on the floor for about 15 minutes and then scream. The longest she has slept has been 30 minutes. I thought for sure the Tylenol would knock her out, but so far it hasn't helped much. So I've just been feeling sorry for myself. Hopefully by tomorrow she'll be back to her normal self and take good naps for me again. I'm just happy she is smiling now. It helps me forget what a stinker she can be.

6 comments:

Lydia said...

I've got some of that post holiday depression too. After Heather and her family left it came on strong. You're so busy then all of a sudden it's done and over. Everyone's gone and now what...(even though there is tons of stuff to do). It'll get better though. I hope the baby will sleep more for you guys. If you need me to watch her sometime let me know. Love ya!!!!

Mark, Monette, Coytt and Dalon said...

Well Mark and I spent all week cleaning up after the holidays, and I do have to say I miss the tree and decorations, it felt so happy and festive in here. They make infant's motrin. maybe that will work better than the Tylenol.

Rogers said...

Yes, I think this year is definately a strange one...I didn't get into the holidays until they were over either! I still have my tree up though, so I can still pretend! And yes, the motrin usually works better than tylenol for pain, it's worth a shot!

*Katie May* said...

Yes Motrin works better sometimes but it is only for baby's 6 mo and up. Landon just go his shots on the third and has been a pill too plus his cold and ear infection doesn't help either

Aleia said...

Hang in there some days seem like they'll never end and then they do. I have to remind myself one day at a time. Aleia

Sariah,Chief Editor said...

Kaelsy used to stand in front of the mirror and smile for 10 seconds. Now.... you can do this anywhere even in the car, people driving by just figure your a happy person!! One of the reasons it helps is you feel like a goof, and studies show it really increases the endorphins in your body. My kids think I'm weird but hey aren't Mom's supposed to be?!

I really do know how you feel I've been battling since Thanksgiving. I just have to keep fighting off negative thoughts, and stay active, get out of the house or give somebody a call, even if ya don't feel like socializing,it can help. Remember too Satan kicks you when your down, fight back. Let me know if ya need to talk.
love you!
Sariah