So I woke up to some sadness today. My little puppy Sniff died. So I thought I would do a little memorial for him. We soon discovered we had a special puppy in the litter. This little guy was born with a cleft lip. As soon as I saw it I called the vet and read up about them and was determined to save the little guy. Basically with the lip like this he can't really suck so therefore can't nurse. He didn't seem to have a cleft pallet which means the inside of the mouth is split too. Pups usually can't live with that unless they get a really expensive ($2000) surgery. So since the inside of his mouth looks find I figured I'd try to save him. I bought some puppy formula and we fed him with a dropper for a few days. He was really weak, but seemed to be getting better. Then yesterday he really went downhill and passed out a couple of times. I fed him once this morning around 4:00 am and by 7:00 when I went out again he had died. I sure like my little Sniff (weird name I know) and am sad he died, but relieved too. I could tell he wasn't feeling great so it's good he isn't suffering. Hope he's happy in puppy heaven!
P.S. The other four pups are fat and healthy! Yay!
Friday, October 19, 2007
Sniff
Posted by
Josh n' Meagan
at
10:06 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
So Sad! I have never heard of a puppy having a clef lip before. Sorry!
aww...poor puppy!
Kaelsy and Steven can take care of little Sniff now. SNIFF SNIFF :(
It is sad when a little puppy dies. I remember a little husky puppy that we had died. His little legs seem messed up and the mother wouldn't feed him so I bought a little bottle and fed him. Sariah was here at my house and helped. She came in and told me that he had died. It was sad but at least we tried to help.
It is always sad for the poor little babies. That was nice of you to try though.
How sad! Poor little Sniff. I hate it when little puppies die, but yes at least he isn't suffering anymore.
That's too bad. Atleast the rest are healthy and not like Harley 7 puppies who died off one by one
I'm so sorry! That's always so hard when there is nothing more you can do. You are a good puppy mommy.
Sorry about sniff. But at least you showed the effort and love while he was here.
Post a Comment