Tuesday, March 08, 2011

Relief!

We are so happy to report that so far all of the tests they have done on his liver have come back normal. The only thing they did find going on with him was a urinary tract infection. There is a chance that the infection is what caused the trouble with his billiruben levels. Or I should say we really HOPE that is what caused it. They'll run blood work again soon to see if things are looking better now that he finished his course of antibiotics.

Today Carter is 8 weeks old! I would like to say that it went by fast, but it really hasn't. This has been a loooong two months. He currently weighs 4 lbs 12 oz and is 18 inches long. His doctors say that as soon as he is taking at least 75% of his feedings by mouth and gaining at least half an ounce a day he can go home. That could kick in any day OR not. It just depends on when the kids feels like he can stay awake long enough to finish his bottles. Until then we will continue to spend half our life at the hospital.

I loved seeing all my boys together in this picture. We can't take the kids with us to the new hospital because they have closed the NICU down due to RSV. I'm glad my kids got to visit Carter a little bit before we moved. Pacer still isn't sure about him.


In this picture he had been throwing this massive fit about being changed and messed with. As soon as we put him in his bath water and covered him up he stopped instantly and was in baby heaven. It was so cute.



All the nurses/docs/etc. always comment about his big eyes. Since day one he has been very observant for such a little guy. He checks out everything with his eyes wide open.

15 comments:

*Ashley said...

Oh he looks great! Good to hear things are going so well! You guys are awesome, I can't even imagine all the ups and downs you've had to go through! Sending prayers your way that the ups continue!

Unknown said...

What a sweet boy! I'm so glad to hear the tests have come back normal... we're still praying for little Carter & your family!! Hopefully you can take him home soon!! He sure is cute :)

Unknown said...

I am so glad to hear things are going well. I wish we could have seen him when we were in the hospital, but we never made it over the the NICU, just the nursery. I hope you will get to bring the little guy home soon.

JenRoth said...

I'm so glad that his tests have been normal. We also had to just wait until Maddie was eating well enough to go home, which seemed like it would never happen. But then one day, it just clicked for her and we were home within three days. When it does happen, it will happen fast! And then you can have your family together at last! Hang in there!

Bailey said...

i love that last picture, so cute! Hope he gets to come home soon!

Kasey said...

I hope he gins that 1/2 ounce so he can come home!!!!! I have your container that the cheese ball was in too. Next time I'm over that way I'll give ya a buzz and drop it off. And could you send me the recipe for that cheeseball.

Tyrell Berner said...

Oh my. I just read the story of Carter and I must say that you are a strong little family. I'm glad that he has some good days and I really hope he has more so he can come home soon.

He sure is a cute little thing!

Tori said...

Wow. Two months old already. I'm so happy that his tests came back normal. I hope you guys can take him home soon! Great pics.

buddyandsarahaws said...

Im so glad that things are looking up. We have been praying for you guys and will continue to. He is just so stinkin cute!

Connie said...

I like that last pic too It is fun seeing him so alert

Mike and Linda said...

great news and great pictures..it won't be long now and you will all be home together. God is good, he brings us through so much more than we thought we could!

Anonymous said...

Gosh I love that kid. He's getting huge! :)

Sariah,Chief Editor said...

What a dolly! I love the pictures, especially of "the boys" 4 12 is awesome! Before you know it you will be home!

Love you guys!

Lydia said...

Sounds like good news. I haven't seen him since he was moved to the other hospital. He is so darling! If you need me let me know.

Leticia Clarkson said...

I'm so glad he is doing better! He is so sweet! Before you know it you will all be home together again.