Monday, September 08, 2008

Me Time

I tend to go through crafting moments and this month has been one of them. I think the time to change seasons soon has made me excited about making new things. I know it's not really fall yet. But once school starts I always feel like it is so I put up all my fall decorations. I did at least wait until Labor Day this year, which is only three weeks from the official first day of Autumn. It's my house right so I can do what I want! So I made this orange sign that says "Happy Harvest" and while I was ordering vinyl decided to get a couple more things. I have all these empty cans from my food storage. So I decided to decorate them up and reuse them. It was a cheap fun project in case any of you need ideas for something to do with empty cans!


I also got this bench that Josh's brother was going to throw away. I had to beg Josh to let me bring it home. It looks better in the picture than in real life. It was pretty dinged up and had writing all over it and a couple holes in the back...oh and a drawer missing.
So I sanded, painted and patched and put it in my living room. I really love it! You can't look too close, because the paint job is somewhat lacking in professional quality. But I think it turned out good and once again it was basically free. So I can never pass up something fun like that!

9 comments:

Darrell and Ashlee said...

that is so neat! I wish I had time to be crafty! I love it! GREAT job!

*Katie May* said...

you go girl! Super cute

Matt and Liz said...

looks good. sorry we couldn't make it the other night. travis was really sad that he didn't get to play with brooklyn.

Joey & Tiffanye said...

The can looks so cute! You are so crafty!

Shannon said...

The can is so cute. I love the bench too. I need to get busy on some of my projects.

Kachelle said...

that looks way cute! i'm glad josh let you keep it. you're so crafty!

The Lovell's said...

Meagan it looks great!!! I love it!

Jake and Mal said...

The bench and cans look good. Fall makes me feel like changing things too!

Sariah,Chief Editor said...

Your crafts turned out really cute! As far as potty training goes, I have either used "potty treats" or actually got a toy that they would get to have if they pooped in the toilet. If they went in their pants they would lose it and I would put it back up where they could see it but couldn't get to it. Goodluck! I think we are ready to at least start the pooping thing with Tanner, he keeps taking his diaper off too.