Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Fun Day



Brooklyn Jean and I have had a pretty fun day. I discovered a new fun place...the library! I've driven by that huge library right there on Greenfield many a times, and always wanted to stop. So today we finally took a trip down. I have to admit I was a little overwhelmed. You all I know I'm from a small town...our library wasn't exactly anything to brag about. But this one down here was pretty dang cool. I got some great books on tape for Josh and got a couple of New Release movies to watch. Did I mention the library is free? Yes free. Brooklyn had a blast playing in the kid section and reading books. What a great way to get some entertainment and save money. I think the movie section will be my favorite. It was skimpy because you can check out 10 movies at a time. So I'm sure most people always have them checked out. But there were quite a few newer ones there. Anyway... I liked it. If you haven't been it's worth a try. There are libraries all over the city!

My other new favorite thing are green bags. I'm sure a lot of you have seen all the hoopla about "Going Green" and saving the environment. Well I have never been very convinced there is much I can do to make a difference. Josh car pools and I try not to drive a lot, but we don't recycle or worry about much else. So I watched a few news programs about plastic bags and the fact that most Americans use more than $300 plastic bags a year and that means there are well over 8 billion used across the nation. Due to the fact that plastic doesn't really decompose that means a lot of waste build up! I do reuse my plastic bags, but I realized I have quite the collection going on in my laundry room. If you are a plastic bag saver you know what I'm talking about. Anyway...I bought me some green bags ($1 a piece...so cheap) and I absolutely love them! I still don't remember to take them everywhere, but when I do it is so nice. They hold at least four times as much stuff as a plastic bag so my trips to the store are a lot easier. I spend half as much time carrying bags in the house and putting away groceries is a lot easier. Anyway...just thought I'd put a little plug in for the environment in case any of you have considered using the bags. They are so worth it and an easy way to make a big difference.

P.S. Albertsons gives you a bag discount when you use them. So you are saving money too!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the library too, and go there all of the time...that's where we rent a lot of our movies too! it's so great!

Ben & Jessica said...

im gonna have to go check out our library now! my email is jessica.frazier@asu.edu so you can add me! that is so scary about that crazy guy! i would def be packin a gun all day! (good thing we are from sj and know how to use one!)

Shannon said...

I love that library also. i have only been there when i needed to do college assignments. I need to take landen there sometime. he loves books.

Joey & Tiffanye said...

Libraries are so fun! I bet Brooklyn loved it. I have thought about getting those go green bags. Now I think I will since albertsons gives a discount!

*Katie May* said...

I love the library. I use to go to that one until I got a $55 late fee. I was one of those that had the 10 movies out and some books anyway I was only like a day or 2 late. Oh well. FYI you can recheck them on the internet if you can't get them back

Sariah,Chief Editor said...

Good thinking I need to go get some I didn't realize they were so cheap and we were spending that much on bags...crazy! Libraries are great, I need to go more often I guess I do more in the summer because the kids get books at school but I need to go for Mason and TAnner...maybe next week. :)

Jake and Mal said...

I forgot how much fun a library can be! I remember we used to go to the SJ library all the time during the summer! We'll have to ours sometime :)

Colton said...

Thanks for the blog invitation! I left because I didn't want to pry, I know how some people are getting these days. I don't think that I've ever even met you, Meagan, and I only know Josh because of his family and from the sixth grade. But its nice to know some people are still friendly after all those years.

Mike and Linda said...

Did you know Josh's grandma Longhurst middle name is jean and so is mine...good name!