Sunday, May 01, 2011

Easter and Stuff

These last couple of weeks have been pretty busy. I'm so happy that time is whipping by fast again. Everything is feeling back to normal. My little Brookie bean is the best baby helper. She wants to hold him all day and is the first to jump when she hears him cry. She'll make a great mommy someday.



Carter got to meet his sweet little cousin Rylin. Getting a picture of them together wasn't that easy. This is as good as it gets. They should have been the same age. Carter is two months older and two pounds lighter.



We got an offer on our house the same day we put it on the market. After some back and forth on counter offers we got the contract all settled. It's not 100% official until the bank and our attorney approve the short-sale, but it's pretty close. Such a bitter sweet reality.



Easter was so fun! We celebrated mostly with just our little family. We got to see Grandma and Grandpa Rogers a little. My kids are just at the best age for holidays. Can you tell who was most excited about egg decorating? More on Easter weekend to come.



And now for the best news of all. Look who's sleeping! Okay...so some of you might laugh because he's only switched to sleeping one four hour chunk that (if I'm lucky) is followed by another two hours. Compared to the first two or three weeks that is like heaven so I'm happy. It took some stronger acid reflux medicine than the stuff he started on, the most expensive formula on the planet, and just some time to adjust to being at home.

5 comments:

*Katie May* said...

I am so glad he's sleeping better for you! It was great seeing you guys! I miss you!

Lydia said...

Yeah! Make sure you get some rest while he is sleeping...yeah right, with two other kids. Hope you can though!

Jake and Mal said...

Carter is looking so cute! I wish I was there to hold him :) What a fun Easter too!

Jones Family said...

My babies never slept well either. They started out the first couple weeks sleeping great just to get me excited and then it all changed due to colic. It was like 2-3 hrs, 2 hrs, 2hrs, etc. It'll get better eventually. My daughter is almost a year and just barely started sleeping through the night like 2 weeks ago. It's awesome!

Kachelle said...

Yea for sleeping and selling your house! That'll be a nice financial relief. And the expensive formula is TOTALLY worth it. just hurts a bit every time you buy it. I feel your pain!