

So yesterday was a good day in the Rogers family. Josh's three cousins, Hankie, Jackson, and Wes made it safely home from their tour of duty in Iraq. We were able to go over to Casa Grande to see them get off the bus. It was such a neat experience and I'm really glad that I went. There were a lot of families there happy to see their soldiers return. I saw young wives with new babies that their dads had never even seen in person. The emotions were just high with excitement and I loved that. I just tried to imagine all that joy that everyone was feeling, even though I know I couldn't really experience it beyond at a distance. That was enough for me though. I can not imagine what they have gone through. I admire so much these soldiers who leave their families for so long and make that huge sacrifice. I am so grateful for all that they do for us to stay here and protect our rights while we live in comfort. I included one of my favorite poems about soldiers. I first heard it a few years ago in a speech that my friend made, and I have never forgotten it. Welcome home Rogers boys and thanks so much for all that you do! (Sorry I don't have pictures from yesterday. Our camera was dead so I didn't take it.)
IT IS THE SOLDIER
It is the Soldier, not the minister
Who has given us freedom of religion.
It is the Soldier, not the reporter
Who has given us freedom of the press.
It is the Soldier, not the poet
Who has given us freedom of speech.
It is the Soldier, not the campus organizer
Who has given us freedom to protest.
It is the Soldier, not the lawyer
Who has given us the right to a fair trial.
It is the Soldier, not the politician
Who has given us the right to vote.
It is the Soldier who salutes the flag,
Who serves beneath the flag,
And whose coffin is draped by the flag,
Who allows the protester to burn the flag.
(� Charles M. Province)
Thursday, August 23, 2007
Home again
Posted by
Josh n' Meagan
at
7:48 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
I was wondering about these boys! I often think of them and go to their website. I am glad they are home all together! Thank you HANKIE, JACKSON, and WES!
Who is enjoy the journey? Thanks for posting that. I wanted to say something about them but did not have a recent photo either.Thanks Men(Our Rogers MEN)
Enough said!! I am so happy they are back!
Once when I was at Apple bees I saw a young man dressed in his military cloths eating dinner with what looked like his mother. After they were eating I saw another mother walk her little boy up to this soldier and thank him for serving our country. I got goosebumps! What a neat lesson she was teaching her little boy! Ill never forget the handshake between that little boy and young soldier. I became more patriotic that day! Thanks to your cousins for serving our country!
I really like that poem also. It really does sum up a Soldier in a nut shell. I am glad the Rogers boys are home safe.
Thats so awesome that they came home safe. Thanks for posting the poem. I am such a patriotic person and I get emotional at the flag or the sight of the soldiers. What great people we have who are willing to serve our country.
Post a Comment